Google AdWords is an excellent way to drive interest in your live events. By setting up an AdWords campaign, you can direct people who are searching for relevant terms to your event’s landing page and provide them with a call-to-action to purchase a ticket. In fact, there are also many other instances where AdWords can benefit your organization.
Advertisements, of course, cost money. However, there is an option for not-for-profits.
Google has a program for non-profits called Google Grants - $10,000 USD per month in free Google AdWords. Yes, you read that right...$10,000 USD. Per month. Free.
Google Grants is an initiative by Google to provide not-for-profits with additional resources to help advance their causes.
In order to qualify for the program, your organization needs to hold valid charity status and be in one of 50 different countries (including USA, Canada and UK). If you are recognized by the IRS as a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization, you will likely qualify.
See full eligibility criteria here.
However, there are some conditions that come with this program (as with anything in life).
All Ad Grants Adword accounts must maintain a 5% click-through rate each month. You have to bid on keywords that will attract this 5% click rate.
Your account must have specified geo-targeting enabled to ensure that your ads are being shown in locations relevant to your organization.
To see the full programme policies, click here.
Some things that you can use Google Grants for:
- Generate awareness for your organization
- Drive more traffic to your event pages
- Send people to a landing page where they can make a donation
- Encourage visitors to sign up for your newsletter
- Recruit volunteers
Some tactics to get the most out of your AdWords campaigns:
- Research keywords with high search volume and buying intent using Google's Keyword Planner
- Write concise, action-oriented copy to encourage people to click on your ads
- Create different ad groups for different keyword categories to increase ad relevance
- Send traffic to a targeted landing page designed to drive conversions, rather than your homepage
- Monitor your progress. Continually tweak and test your keywords, ad copy and landing pages to increase your conversion rates
Does this program sound too good to be true? We did at first as well. However, this is a very real program and we implore you to take advantage if you’re eligible. To get started with Google Grants, click here.
OvationTix provides you with the platform that you need to sell more tickets, increase audience engagement and improve box office workflow. Schedule a demo with us to learn how you can get started.